Here are (10) easy to implement ideas to increase ad sales on your website:
1. Offer discounts to advertisers who spend more money or purchase a larger volume of ads.
2. Offer your advertisers a free incentive or bonus if they renew their ads. It might be something like “purchase 11 months
and get the 12th free. You could also offer them a copy of a product you might be selling if they renew their current contract term.
3. You just don’t have to sell add space at the top or bottom of your pages or even in the left/right hand columns, you can sell space right smack dab in the middle of the page and have your page text “wrap around” the ad.
4. You can sell a lot more ads if you re-write some of the content of your pages to reference their particular product.
5. Offer potential ad customers free or additional listings on other parts of your site when they purchase regular ad space.
6. You can offer an honest endorsement of your advertisers product, if they would be willing to supply you a copy to try out.
7. In addition to #6, offer to place your personal review or testimonial near their advertisement. This always acts like a magnet to draw visitors to the actual ad.
8. Dust off the P.T. Barnum in you and try offer special deals like “pay for two months upfront and get a third month at no charge” or “buy one get one free” or something similar to that. Use you creative mind!
9. If you website sells products that would be of interest to your potential advertisers, offer them (your product) as
“signing” bonuses for signing on as an advertiser on your site.
10. Give advertisers your personal guarantee that if they don’t receive a certain amount of exposures, clicks etc., that you will give them another months worth of ad space for free.
When not on his soapbox, Andrew Wroblewski is doing battle with the thousands of spyware programs that can affect you via his anti-spyware and spyware removalwebsite: http://spyware.pcwash.com where you can get a FREE spyware scan of your computer system.