As the old Internet marketing adage states “content drives traffic” and one way to add more content is by creating a chat room on your home business website. People love to socialize online as demonstrated by the popularity of many of the social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
One way to take advantage of this phenomenon is by jumping on the band wagon and including a chat room or discussion board on your home page. Here are five reasons why you need to become a participant in this online social happening:
1. If you’re new to the Internet and just establishing your home based business online then driving traffic should be your primary concern. A chat room will help attract new visitors and also increase returnees to your site. People who are first time guests and who are pleased with your content will most likely tell their friends who will also visit your site to satisfy their curiosity.
These same people will make friends in your chat room and will return to carry on their new found friendships. The more often a guest returns to your home business the more likely they are going to become paying customers.
2. As the owner of this online home enterprise you should make it a point to become involved in these discussions in order to create relationships of your own with some of your potential customers. These new affiliations help to build a feeling of trust between you and your visitors. People are more likely to do business with someone they feel they know and trust rather than a stranger.
3. As your discussion board continues to grow in popularity and your membership increases this opens up other avenues for financial growth for your home business. For example you can sell advertising space to other non competing businesses on the Internet. This has the potential of creating another revenue stream for your venture.
4. You can add a feedback link to your chat area and ask your visitors for any comments or constructive criticism they may have regarding your website or your products. This is an excellent way to pick the collective brain of your guests in order to find more effective ways to market your home business and increase sales.
5. You can create a weekly open forum in your chat room where you welcome any and all questions your customers and or potential clients may have about your business and products. For example, if your website theme is affiliate marketing then this would be a great way to establish you as an expert in the field. By answering affiliate marketing queries from your guests people will soon begin to view you as an authority on the topic. People are more likely to become paying clients if they respect you as a specialist in your particular market.
These are just some of the ways a discussion board or chat room can give your online home business a financial boost by creating additional revenue streams for your enterprise. The potential for additional profits make the time and effort involved to create and maintain a chat room very worthwhile.
Bob Withers is a professional sales and marketing person with over twenty years in the field. He has now set his sights on Affiliate Marketing and creating successful Home Based Businesses online to apply his trade. If you want to get in touch with Bob or learn more about Affiliate Marketing or setting up an Internet based Home Business please visit:
Free Home Business and Affiliate Marketing Advice