If you’re a new home based business owner online you should be looking for ways to build your list and to create back links to your website. One very effective Internet marketing technique which will help you achieve both objectives is giving away a free e-book from your squeeze page.
In order to gain access to your free download your visitors will have to add their name and email address to your opt-in page. This will help build your list while the links you’ve included within your e-book , which will be distributed all over the Internet, will help create new traffic to your site.
In order for people to leave their contact information they must find your freebie attractive in some way or they must believe it can satisfy some need they may have at that point in time. Here are five tactics you can use to help increase your opt-ins and your free e-book downloads:
1. Your digital gift must be targeted specifically toward your potential customers. You need to research your visitor base to find out what they’re looking for when they drop by your website. What are their basic needs they want satisfied and or their problems they want solved?
When you discover this information you can then write your text aimed at meeting these needs and solving these problems. This should dramatically increase the frequency of your e-book downloads.
2. Tell your visitors why they should download your freebie. Outline the specific benefits they will receive or problems they may solve by taking advantage of your offer. People must see perceived value in your gift before they will provide their name and email address.
3. Solicit testimonials from experienced, well known Internet marketers, commenting on the value of your book, to display on your home business website. In exchange for their positive reviews you could give them free advertising space in your book.
When people read the comments of well known, highly successful online business people, who are praising your work, they will be more inclined to opt-in to your list and download your e-book.
4. Create a short story around the writing or creation of your text book. This narrative should lead to a climax which your visitors will only discover the outcome of by downloading your gift. You must peak their curiosity to the extent that they will want to give you their contact information in order to discover the outcome of your story.
5. Explain to your potential customers that they must act now in order to take advantage of your free offer because you’ll soon be charging a price for access to your e-book. Try to create a sense of urgency within your visitors by making this a limited time offer. To accomplish this objective you could also add a counter on your home page displaying the number of free e-books remaining before your offer expires.
As home based business owners and Internet marketers I’m sure you’ve all heard the saying “the money is in the list.” I certainly believe this to be true, and one of the most effective techniques for building your email directory is to offer an attractive gift from your opt-in page in exchange for your visitor’s name and email address.
Bob Withers is a professional sales and marketing person with over twenty years in the field. He has now set his sights on Affiliate Marketing and creating successful Home Based Businesses online to apply his trade. If you want to get in touch with Bob or learn more about Affiliate Marketing or setting up an Internet based Home Business please visit:
Free Home Business and Affiliate Marketing Advice