A call to action such as call now, order now, and click here can dramatically increase your sales. Motivate readers to do what you want them to do with action verbs. Give precise instructions. Tell them exactly what to do. Give them a direct order. Add an incentive or benefit to your order to encourage them to take the desired action.
Here are examples of action words you can use on your web site, in your email, and in other marketing materials.
Examples of Call to Action
• Click here to instantly download this ebook.
• Order NOW before all copies of this limited edition are taken! 1-800-555-1234.
• Ten ways to increase your web sales immediately. Sign up now to get this $29 value FREE!
• Increase your web site traffic by 300 percent! Click here to find out how!
• Browse our recommended web design resources! Click here.
• Bookmark this web site now!
Capture Your Visitors’ Email Address
• Click here to receive this FREE ebook.
• Enter your email address here, and we’ll keep you posted about new web design services, products, and resources.
• Click here to subscribe to our “Ask the Professional Web Designer” ezine.
• Join our FREE update list.
Get Additional Exposure from Other Web Sites
• Recommend this site to your friends!
• Please forward this ezine to your friends and associates.
A “Call to Action” is one of many strategies successful copywriters use. This proven copywriting technique can substantially increase your web profits . . . so start using action verbs in your web site!