Is there a lull in your office? Are your employees not satisfied anymore with the way that you are manning the place? Good managers know from their own observations that employee attitude affects their work and eventually the company’s output.
When your employees have a happy and healthy attitude the company will be able to reap the many benefits of this through the constant flow of good business as well as higher profits. But what if the employees are actually not happy with the way management is handling the company? Is your company already headed towards a downward spiral? Maybe. But it is certainly never too late for the company to turn things around by implementing new rules and regulations that are employee friendly.
1. Not Overly Competative
It is essential that your incentive program will actually inspire and motivate them to work efficiently and not just be competitive with each other. Healthy competition among the company’s employees is good but too much of it may also cause the company to disintegrate. A certain level of camaraderie is needed in order to have a harmonious working environment that is conducive to working efficiently and productively.
2. Clearly Define Your Goals
When it comes to creating the right kind of employee incentive program for the company, the management should be able to set some goals concerning the program. This way, the management will have a clear view of what they really want this employee incentive program to do, and gauge whether or not it actually worked. The company should still be very much hands-on with the whole employee incentive program to ensure that the outcome of the employee incentive program will be good.
– Goals must be reasonable! Don’t expect the program to result in a major increase in profits, and don’t expect the results to appear right away
– Provide ways for employees to provide highly creative ideas
– Encourage a good working environment. A clean, fresh environment will motivate employees
– Set up a review committee that is qualified to judge the results of the program. This is perhaps more important than the program itself
– Ensure that appropriate recognition must be given to employees who share the most noteworthy suggestions
It is best that when you are starting an employee incentive program that you set a strict set of rules that will be clear to each and every one of the company’s employees starting with –
3. Let Employees Provide Suggestions Easily
– Who is eligible to join the employee incentive program?
– When it comes to an eligible suggestion, what should employees take at heart?
– Any suggestion no matter how farfetched should be allowed (as long as they are not vulgar or offensive)
For more great employee morale related articles and resources check out http://employeebenefits.hrhaven.com