Maui is a truly fabulous place to own property. Not only does the island offer an array of stunning landscapes, such as volcanoes above the cloudline, lush forests teeming with waterfalls, and wide sandy beaches with world-class surf, but there is also a thriving real estate market for exceptional houses and condos.
The REALTORS® Association of Maui (RAM) is a members’ organization that is part of the National Association of REALTORS®. They ensure the highest standards in ethics, professionalism, and technology in real estate on the island, so by buying and selling property through an approved RAM member you can be sure you will be getting a service of the highest possible standard.
What Is The National Association of REALTORS®?
The National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) was founded in 1908 as the National Association of Real Estate Exchange. Their mission is to empower REALTORS® to preserve, protect, and advance the right to real property for all. The NAR has grown to be America’s largest trade association, now representing 1.4 million members.
In 1926, the term “REALTOR” was devised to identify real estate professionals who are members of the National Association and subscribes to its strict Code of Ethics. The terms REALTORS® and REALTOR® were then registered in 1949 and 1950 respectively. In 1972, the association became the National Association of REALTORS® as we know it today
What does the REALTORS® Association of Maui Do?
The mission of the REALTORS® Association of Maui is to serve its members by providing programs and services to enhance its members’ ability to to successfully conduct their business, with integrity and competence. Only members of the organization can call themselves REALTORS®, and they are awarded this name by adhering to a particular set of ethics and standards of practice, set by the National Association of REALTORS®. Some of the key standards of practice for Realtors®’s include:
- REALTORS® will pledge themselves to protect and promote the interests of their client. This obligation to the client is primary, but REALTORS® must uphold their obligation to treat all parties honestly
- REALTORS® will avoid exaggeration, misrepresentation, or concealment of pertinent facts relating to a property or the transaction
- REALTORS® will always cooperate with other brokers, except when cooperation is not in the client’s best interest
- REALTORS® shall not act in their own interest concerning a property or professional services relating to a property, unless this is disclosed to all affected parties
- REALTORS® shall not deny equal professional services to any person for reasons of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity
- REALTORS® shall be honest and truthful in their real estate communications and shall present a true picture in their advertising, marketing, and other representations
- REALTORS® shall not engage in activities that constitute the unauthorized practice of law
By adhering to the NAR Code of Ethics, members of the REALTORS® Association of Maui set themselves apart from other real estate practitioners, by providing their clients with a high level of service and professionalism.
Find a REALTOR® on Maui
You can easily find a Maui Realtor by going to open houses or by searching online at websites like Maui Elite Property. Whether you already know the name of the REALTOR® you want to use or are starting your search from scratch, this tool will provide you with all the contact details of REALTORS® that service the community you want to buy or sell your property in. It also has a direct messaging service for all REALTORS® and links to their currently available properties.
Why use a REALTOR® on Maui?
By using a registered REALTOR® on Maui, you will be guaranteeing the highest level of service and professionalism for your real estate transaction. A REALTOR® will be at your side throughout the entire process, whether you are a buyer or a seller. For buyers, a REALTOR® will find the properties best suited to your needs, negotiate the best price, and complete all due diligence on the sale. For sellers, a REALTOR® will help you set the right price for your property, market it effectively, and handle negotiations with buyers. Visit the REALTORS® Association of Maui today for a superior real estate service.