If you’re dead serious about positioning yourself as an expert in your chosen niche, you must strive to produce better articles. As you know, your readers will gauge your capability to address their problems based on how your articles were written.
1. Think of your readers. As these are the people who’ll read your articles, make sure that you write your copies exclusively for them. Talk about their problems and all the things that they find interesting. Look at things from their perspective. Write your articles using their language and preferred writing style. Address their needs and demands. Determine and give them all the information or assistance that can make them happy. If you do this, there is no doubt in my mind that you’re going to succeed in this field.
2. Be an expert. You cannot effectively educate your readers, no matter how much you want to, if you’re not an expert on the topics that you’re covering. That is why I highly recommend that you get to know the ins and outs of your chosen subjects first before you start writing. You’ll be happy to know that you’ll get all the information you need on any topic by researching the net and by interviewing experts.
3. Writing skills. Although you don’t need to be a professional writer to excel in this field, it’s required that you have great writing skills. You must know the rules of grammar and you must have wide range of vocabulary. You must not have any problem getting your message across otherwise you’ll leave your readers confused.
4. Proofreading skills. It’s very important to make sure that your articles are flawless or at least close to perfection. Develop great proofreading skills so you can easily spot errors and correct them before you post your articles online.
5. Choose your topics. For best results, I recommend that you find a problem that’s affecting your target market. These are the best things that you can write about as they’ll surely grab your readers by the throat.
6. Offer effective solutions. After talking about the problem of your readers, the next thing that you need to do is to tell them how they can remedy it the soonest time possible. Ensure that the solutions you’re offering are tried and tested. If they worked, your readers will surely going to love you.
7. Keep it short. Less is more in the field of article writing as the people you’re serving do not have much time to spare in front of their computers. Help them out by keeping your articles very short (500 words or less) but very tight. Meaning, they must contain all the information that your audience are looking for but they must be written using as few words as possible.
8. Make it flawless. Simple grammar and factual errors can be taken against your professional image online. So, you better make sure that all the articles you post under your name are perfect. Aside from checking them using spell and grammar checkers, I recommend that you also manually proofread them.
Sean Mize teaches coaches, consultants, and small business owners how to package their knowledge and sell it at a high price.