There are many places on the internet where you can find out recommended ways to sell on eBay.
I thought it might be useful if I presented some thoughts about what doesn’t work, what won’t succeed and what to avoid doing.
1. Don’t time your auctions so they end on a Bank Holiday.
2. Don’t use a negative tone in your listing.
3. Don’t waste any of your 55 characters of auction title on words or symbols like “L@@k”, “Wow” or “Nice”.
4. Don’t worry about accepting international buyers.
5. Don’t use music, animations, or multicolored background in your auction description.
6. Don’t use the term “As is” in your listings.
7. Don’t try to make a profit out of P&P.
8. Don’t fail to identify defects in your item.
9. Don’t delay in shipping your item.
10. Don’t wait for the buyer to leave feedback first.
11. Don’t rush to leave negative feedback for a non-paying bidder.
I’m sure there are plenty more where these came from. Just make sure you’re not guilty of any of them!
Brian McGregor is an eBay and internet entrepreneur. He recently created the ‘eBay Master Class’ for eBay sellers. For your free copy, please go to http://www.workwinners.com/ebm-request.htm