One of the worst smells that your nose may encounter in its entire smelling career is a skunk’s smell. Once this cute-looking black and white furry animal feels threatened, it will lift its bushy tail as a warning and will start spraying its foul yet famous chemical oils to its attacker. Once the smell is out, it is very difficult to remove. If you want to know how to get rid of skunk smell, read the following tips and advice below.
* If you have been sprayed by a skunk with its notorious stink, you should wash your clothes right away with laundry detergent and soap. Make sure that you wash them thoroughly. It is easier to wash the clothes right after the skunk’s smelly attack than washing it a few hours later. However, if the smell is still there, you should use strong skunk smell cleaners. Or to save yourself from all these hassles, just throw way your clothes.
* Take a shower right away. Remove your clothes and stay under the shower to wash your body and hair. Use regular shampoo and bath soap several times. Scrub your body thoroughly. Do not take a bath because you need to clean yourself under running water to remove the odor. If you still smell like a skunk, you should buy a shampoo or soap that specifically removes the smell of skunks.
* If you want to get rid of skunk smell on your clothes, you can mix a quarter cup of baking soda, a teaspoon of dishwashing soap, and a liter of vinegar. If you do not want the smell of vinegar, you can sue a liter of 3 % hydrogen peroxide. However, hydrogen peroxide causes bleaching. Decide which ingredient is best. You should wash your clothes with this mixture to remove the smell. After this, wash them with regular laundry soap and water.
* If the skunk sprayed its smell oils on your porch or any other outdoor structures, you can sue a mixture of 90 % water and 10 5 bleach. It is okay to sue this mixture to structures that will not discolour like concrete or tiles. Just wipe this mixture on the structure or area to remove the skunk smell.
* Finally, if after doing all these things and the skunk smell is still there, you should seek the help of an expert. For clothes and other washable fabrics, you should take them to a professional dry cleaner. If you have a pet that has been attacked by a skunk, you should bring it to the vet.
These tips will help you get rid of skunk smell. Take note of these for future use, in case a skunk accidentally got inside your property and sprayed its notorious smell.
To find out more, check out : rid of skunk smell